Why you must regularly consult a Cardiologist
Globally, Cardiovascular Diseases or CVDs are a leading cause of death. According to the World Health Organization
(WHO), it takes an estimated 17.9 million lives each year, an estimated 32% of all deaths worldwide. Also, 85% of all CVD deaths are due to heart attacks and strokes. These statistics are alarming for a country like India, where people take their cardiac health very lightly. Through this blog, our idea is not to scare you but make you more aware of heart diseases and why you need to see a cardiologist regularly. Let’s begin with understanding CVDs.
What are CVDs?
Cardiovascular Diseases or CVDs are a group of disorders that affect the heart and blood vessels. It includes coronary heart disease, heart stroke, arrhythmia, peripheral artery disease, heart failure, high blood pressure, congenital heart disease and more. It can be caused by a variety of factors including food habits, genetics, high cholesterol levels in the blood, obesity, smoking and more.
How do Cardiologists help?
Cardiologists are qualified medical doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of heart diseases. They are trained to understand the anatomy and physiology of the heart. They can diagnose various types of heart conditions and help patients in effective chronic disease management.
Why you must regularly consult a Cardiologist?
At some point in your life, you must have heard about someone suffering a sudden heart attack with no previous history of heart disease. There is no denying the fact that heart diseases are detectable, and there are treatments available for them. However, most people ignore their early signs of CVDs which become life-threatening. They often wait for their annual checkups to know about their heart health (and in India, annual health checkups are still not very common). Hence, timely diagnosis of CVDs is challenging. Here’s a list of reasons why a regular consultation with your cardiologist is important.
(Pro Tip: You can bring home CuroMe Health Monitor to keep your blood pressure, heart rate, ECG, SpO2, Temperature in check anytime, anywhere.)
- If you are not feeling well, and your physician has recommended a cardiologist, you must go ahead and consult.
- Heart diseases tend to run in the family, and you may be at risk. Any person with a CVDs family history such as cardiac arrest, chest pain and more, should take preventive measures by consulting a cardiologist and living a healthy lifestyle.
- High blood pressure is a risk factor for heart diseases. Normal blood pressure should be between 90/60mmHg and 120/80mmHg. When the blood pressure is 140/90mmHg or higher, it is considered high. A low blood pressure reading is 90/60mmHg or lower. Consult your cardiologist if your blood pressure is frequently fluctuating.
- Diabetes can lead to heart diseases. High or low blood sugar levels can be damaging to the blood vessels. See a cardiologist regularly, especially before starting a new medication or changing your diet.
- If you are unaware of your cardiac health and often do workouts, maybe it’s time to see a cardiologist. High-intensity workouts often cause an increase in heart rate and blood pressure. This can increase the risk of a heart attack for people with cardiovascular diseases. It is good to know what’s right for you!
- A sedentary lifestyle is one of the key causes of obesity. It also has been linked to many chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes. If you have an inactive lifestyle, eat whatever you like, love junk food, and have gained weight, you must consult a cardiologist regularly.
And the list goes on…
Time to care for the heart!
The best time to start taking your cardiac health seriously was yesterday; the next best time is NOW. Be proactive and take your first step by booking a consultation with Cardiologists via the Curofone app. Our app is trusted by the leading Cardiologists in Pune and offers a wide range of cardiac health management benefits. From a comprehensive cardiac care plan ‘Cardiocare’ to cardiologist consultations and a 5-in-1 Patient Monitoring Device ‘CuroMe’, we have everything you need to keep your heart healthy. Can’t wait? Book a Free Demo Today! Click Here